- 2 large leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 50g butter
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1.5 litres water
- 6 teaspoons of Foragers Organic Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 ½ cups of frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- thickened cream to serve
Melt butter in a large pot, add the leek, garlic and onion, stir to coat with butter. Cover the pot and cook over a low-medium heat until very soft, stirring every now and then for 15 minutes.
Add the peas and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Allow the soup to cool for 20 minutes before pureeing in batches with a blender to produce a smooth texture.
Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve the soup in bowls with a swirl of thickened cream on top.