- 100g Ringwould Quark
- 25g grated parmesan/pecorino (or any hard cheese)
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp lemon myrtle
- 1 small clove garlic (or half a big one), crushed
- 1 egg yolk + egg for crumbing
- 1 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper
- Panko bread crumbs
2) Form into walnut sized balls, and chill for about 30 minutes.
3) Get a heavy based frying pan and fill with about 4cm of oil and heat to 180C (or until a piece of bread turns golden in 30 seconds).
4) Lightly beat the egg in a bowl, dip the balls in the egg, then the breadcrumbs (ensure they are well crumbed).
5) Drop the balls into the oil until they turn golden brown, turning if necessary.
6) Drain on paper towel and serve immediately with a sharp green salad and a glass of red wine.
NB – You can omit the flour in the fritters, however they have to be VERY well breaded and cooked very quickly. If any oil gets inside the fritter it disintegrates!