Urban Locavore celebrates it’s 1st birthday in December and each month we try and strike a balance of 8 great products for under $50. So far I think we’ve done a pretty good job 🙂
When we started a year ago we had about 50 deliveries per month and Paul could do them all by himself in his trusty green hatch back. $5 per delivery covered the cost of petrol and everything was fine. But as the number of deliveries per month as grown – now heading over 200 – Paul needs to spend more time in the office and we need to hire drivers … and this means we have to pay the drivers 🙁
Starting with the December 2012 Tasting Box (the Christmas Box) the delivery fee has been increased to $10 which is the true cost of petrol + car maintenance + hourly wages. This delivery fee increase is necessary to make sure Urban Locavore is a viable business and so we can keep making great tasting boxes for another 12 months.
The price of the monthly tasting box remains great value $49.95. If you are uncomfortable with the increase in delivery fee we encourage you to pick up from our Osborne Park store. Here’s five great reasons to pick up:
- You don’t have to wait for us to deliver, you can pick up your box as soon as it is released.
- We usually have tastings for you to try (and wine on Saturdays!).
- You can peruse our cookbook library and get some great ideas for Christmas lunch.
- You can ask Paul about the products or the producers (he’ll also take questions on physics).
- You save $10! (that’s a jar of your favourite jam in the store).